ERGO Asigurari announces that it has included an additional clause in the travel insurance that covers medical and repatriation expenses related to COVID-19, for trips to European countries.
Coverage is provided without payment of an additional premium in the provision of medical care abroad with COVID coverage in Europe.
Who benefits from COVID coverage:
- tourists vaccinated against COVID-19, after at least 14 days have elapsed since the booster (in the case of a vaccine given in two doses) or the single dose (for the vaccine given in a single dose).
- tourists presenting a PCR molecular test with a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 virus infection,
- performed no later than 72 hours before the date of departure for the trip.
- Tourists cured after a SARS-CoV-2 infection, maximum 6 months from the date of diagnosis, by presenting a positive NAAT test issued by an authorized laboratory in Romania.
What is covered:
Medical and repatriation expenses due to illness with COVID-19, by contracting the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
What is not covered:
Expenses for accommodation following quarantine imposed for preventive purposes by local authorities or due to diagnosis with COVID-19.
- standard sub-limits in the insurance conditions for vaccinated persons
- limit of EUR 2,500 for persons with a negative PCR test
- standard sub-limits in the insurance conditions for the healed persons
- the EUR 2,500 limit for Turkey